Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Below are a selection of questions commonly asked.  If you cannot find the information you require please email

College Library viewed from Lower High Street

College Library viewed from Lower High Street

My child is on a 'Cause for Concern'. What does this mean?

This means that one or more college staff have a concern about your child (pastoral or academic) requiring formal  monitoring and intervention.  Level 1 is between the student and member of staff raising the concern, level 3 involves parents or guardians - and is the result of prior interventions not working - level 2 lies between these. Our aim in all cases is to help the student work to resolving the issue.

How can I get feedback on my child's progress?

If you have registered an email address with us you will receive information concerning your child’s attendance and progress in the form of a PDF report direct to your email. Attendance reports are compiled monthly and a Progress Report will be sent after each academic review point.


What is the college's expectation regarding attendance?

The college expects 100% attendance at all timetabled lessons and events (e.g. clubs and societies) unless there is a good reason for non attendance.  Research proves that achievement on courses is directly linked to attendance so lessons should not be missed unless it is absolutely necessary.  As a guide, dental check ups and driving lessons should not be booked to clash with timetabled activities.  If a student knows they are going to be absent in advance (e.g. consultant appointment) they should notify 'Registry' as far in advance as possible.  Students going home ill during the college day need to sign themselves out as 'sick', and all students need to keep the college updated regarding reasons for absence and likely duration of the absence. Alternatively parents can use the phone app for ParentMail to report an absence. Staff will work with absent students to ensure they receive all the help and support needed. 

I need to make a purchase on behalf of my child, how can I do this?

Payments for all college consumable items, trips and visits can be made online through ParentMail. Once your child has provided a valid email address for you with the College you will be sent a link to register with ParentMail.

Latest news View all articles

Next event:

College closed 12:00am on 22nd/23rd April 2019

My courses