The original school was founded in 1430, however the royal charter was granted on 17 June 1552 by King Edward VI. In the 1960s the school became a boys’ grammar, with around 650 pupils, becoming a sixth form college in 1976. The college currently has over 1700 students on its roll, with plans to expand further.
The current Alumni Association, was re-formed in 2012, with the intention of enabling former students of the College to stay in contact with the college, find old friends, renew acquaintances, attend reunion events and contribute to the current life of the college, if they so wish.
The Alumni Association fully supports the goals and mission of the College and is committed to creating an inclusive association in which equality and diversity are respected for all.
College closed 12:00am on 22nd/23rd April 2019