We aren’t looking for anything like a university style personal statement. All we want to know is a little bit about you! We would like to know why you want to study the courses you have chosen, any hobbies and achievements or what you believe makes you an ideal candidate for the college.
What to include:
- Why you want to come to KE (e.g – why you want to study the subjects you have chosen)
- Positions of responsibility
- Other facts – travel/volunteering
- Work experience
Hints and tips . . .
- Plan it out – mind map?
- Write in sentences
- Check spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Get someone else to have a read too
- Don’t overthink it!
We also need a short statement on your career aspirations. If you have an idea regarding what career you aspire to after college or university, or indeed if you are not certain then share your ideas with us! We need this so that we can offer any subject advice and guidance to you if needed. You do not need to try to impress us! It is completely fine for you to say that you are unsure at this stage – we know that at your age we were also uncertain as to what we wanted to do in the future.