Latest information and guidance about COVID-19 - Last update: 14 January 2022, 3.00 pm

What support services are available to me if I am self-isolating at home or teaching moves to online?

All of our Student Support services are still available for you to access. Our staff are here to help and assist you but via email and telephone calls and virtual appointments instead. If you need support from your PT, LT, Medical Welfare Officer, College Counsellors, Safeguarding Leads, Learning Mentors, SENCo and Careers, please send them an email and let them know what you need. We’ll always do our best to help. 

Are there any updated sources of support for mental health in the current situation?

Yes, there are. Young Minds have some good advice on how to look after your mental health while self-isolating and social distancing. These focus on the importance of staying connected, staying calm, and offer advice on how to deal with stressful situations at home along with helplines and resources that may prove useful to you.

The NHS also has a useful information page which also includes some wellbeing audio guides on how to manage low mood, anxiety, sleep problems, low confidence and assertiveness and unhelpful thinking.

Is it still possible to talk to someone at College about how I’m feeling and any worries that I may have?

Yes, of course. Do remember that your Personal Tutor, Lead Tutor, the Safeguarding Leads (Sarah MacKenzie and Heather Davies) and the Medical Welfare Officer (Aimie Chatfield) can be contacted via email and we can telephone you or arrange a Teams meeting if you need to talk. Our counselling service is operating via telephone appointments and we can still make referrals to them or you can self-refer via

Who do I contact if I have a safeguarding concern about myself or someone else?

Talk to your Personal or Lead Tutor and email

You can also contact your local authority or the NSPCC:



What do I do if I need to speak to someone about my mental health?

Please email your Personal or Lead Tutor. Alternatively, you can email the following staff: 

Safeguarding Lead:

Medical Welfare Officer: 

In addition, a list of organisations who can help are listed below.

What if I need support during holidays, evenings or weekends?

Here is a list of external organisations who can help: 

Mental Health 

Samaritans: telephone: 116 123 (free); email:;


Hope Line: telephone: 0800 068 41 41; text: 07786209697; email:

KOOTH: Online counselling for a variety of issues including mental health, abuse, eating disorders, relationships, bullying etc. 

Young (including advice on what to do if you are anxious about coronavirus and looking after your mental health if you are self-isolating); crisis messenger (free 24 hour support): text YM to 85258

NHS:    Phone 111 Option 2 

Child Line: or 0800 1111 

Confidential Drugs Advice and Support 

Talk to Frank: Telephone 0300 123 6600 (24/7 support); text a question to 82111; email (2 p.m. to 6 p.m. on any day of the week)

 Sexual Health or Sexual Assault Help: 

Sexual Health including contraception advice: Brook via 

Sexual Assault Referral Centre:  Horizon Telephone 0808 168 5698; 

Supportive Online Community 

Side by Side (Mind): 



Specialist bereavement helpline: 0808 808 1677 (Monday - Friday 9.30am - 5pm;
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 9.30am - 8pm; weekends 10am - 2pm)


Latest news View all articles

Next event:

Year 12 consultation evening (2) 5.00 - 8.00 pm 5:00pm on 1st February 2022

My courses