Welcome to the parent and guardian hub.
In this section of the website, we’ll publish any useful information and links for parents and guardians with students at the college.
If you need something specific, please get in touch with your child’s personal tutor who will be able to assist you further.
ParentMail is an online service that enables two-way communication between parents/guardians and the College, online payments for trips, visits and other college items, and consultation evening appointment booking. The focus of ParentMail is making life easy for you by providing a strong communication system through the UK’s most trusted and effective parental engagement system.
You can access ParentMail through either a web browser or the free ParentMail app for iOS and Android.
How the College uses ParentMail
The College uses the system in the following areas:
- Communications – Deliver e-mails containing useful information to your email or app, such as announcements of unexpected college closure and student progress reports.
- Payments – Enables payment using Credit/Debit card for college items such as student trips and visits, transport and consumables.
- Parents’ Evening Manager – Enables us to inform you of consultation evenings, including bookings taken by the College.
- Forms/Permissions/Surveys – Allows the College to send you surveys and questionnaires for you to complete, such as the election of Parent Governors and medical details.
- Meetings and events – Advertisement and publication of college events, where you can confirm your attendance where required, such as the College Carol Concert.
What we need from you as parents or carers
For ParentMail to work we need to have an accurate and up-to-date email address from you. This can be just one shared email address, but where possible, the College likes to collect at least two in order to improve breadth of communication, particularly in case of emergency.
This information is provided in the first instance via the online form students will complete in order to apply for a place at college. Please ask your son or daughter to complete these details accurately and fully when they apply.
What we will not do with your information
For ParentMail to work it is necessary to supply them with your name and email address, but that is kept confidential by ParentMail. We will not share any other information you provide. The College will not pass your personal details on to any other organisation.
We closely control the flow of communications and you will only receive information we feel is relevant to you or your child.
Finally, we will delete all of your information when your son/daughter completes their studies with us, and we will never sell or share your details.