Referrals to Learning Support

We strongly encourage all applicants to disclose any learning differences on their application form. This will not have an adverse effect on your application but will enable us to make contact with you before you start college and ensure that we have appropriate provision in place for when you begin your journey with us.

Once you start at King Ed’s, you can speak to our SENCo, your personal tutor or one of your subject teachers if you have any questions or concerns about a potential learning difference.

We will arrange to meet with you for an informal discussion and we will ask for some feedback from your teachers to help us build an accurate picture of need.

You may then be assigned a Learning Mentor who will work with you on specific study skills. You may also be put on the waiting list for an in-house assessment. In college, we are able to complete assessments which diagnose learning differences such as dyslexia and slow processing, which could lead to access arrangements in exams. We are also able to screen for ADHD and dyscalculia.